Friday, July 28, 2006

Highs & Lows

Lows:
1) Didn't get a second interview with the animal job.
2) Got pulled over for accidentally getting in an express lane (which in Washington means you have to have more than one person in your car) and then getting off with just a warning (phew!).
3) Worrying about money because I still don't have a job.
4) Thinking I fixed my vacuum when in fact it is not only NOT sucking up stuff, it's now spitting it out. Brilliant.

Highs:
1) Getting a second interview with a promising agency (it's on Monday).
2) Meeting a nice new friend who actually lives in Seattle. On My Space of all places. Go figure.
3) Having five books on hold at the library all for my reading pleasure.
4) My mom arriving this morning for 4 days!

Um, I can only think of four for each category? Sigh. I need to get a life!

15 comments:

JustRun said...

Ugh! That is so frustrating about the vacuum- I don't know if you're like me but I have to have a good vacuum (I have a not-so-secret obsession with seeing the vacuum marks in the carpet... ahhh, love it!)

It's looking like the good is outweighing the bad for the most part. Or, the fact that you're finding the good in spite of the bad. Either way, yay!

Anonymous said...

yay for moms!

B Merrick said...

5) You are friends with me
6) There are no bombs going off in your backyard
7) You don't have a job, giving you ample time for quality time with mom
8) You are loved in spite of the way you feel
9) You are soon to become an aunt
10) You are at the beginning of a new chapter, meaning you are on a clean slate and all is for you to create. You have to remember to write it with all of the brilliance that you deserve!

Melissa said...

You know, with all this free time you could make a house warming list on Amazong...

hint hint...

no really... hint hint.

nudge.

Melissa said...

Amazong... yeah.

Poke.

Bone said...

Um, I think getting off with just a warning could almost be a "high" :-)

Good luck on your interview(s).

Claire said...

Good luck on the upcoming 2nd interview.

And I think Bob's got the right idea with his list additions. S'all good even if it feels a bit wonky just now.

Anonymous said...

I think thinking of four just means you're efficient!

Becky said...

Good luck with your interview on Monday, and have a great time with Mom. Sounds like you really need the break with a familiar face.

Anonymous said...

Sending kick-ass interview vibes your way! Knock 'em dead, Sizz!

OMG! My word verification was: "SZLWILGETAKCKASSJOBRELSOONANDMAKMADCASH"

What are the odds? ;)

sue said...

Bob's got the right idea...

Nihilistic said...

I never get warnings...I get tickets! What's your trick?

Scarlet Hip said...

Well done, it's known as counting your blessings! There will be more soon.

hannahhas said...

^---- what bob said...

;-)

Karl said...

Hoping that you get the job of your dreams.