I am going to miss my job. Not for the tedious tasks or the low pay but because I love the people I work with. Here's a glimpse:
- Going into the ladies restroom and having my coworker start up a confessional type conversation with me while we are both in (separate) stalls. I joked that the bathroom could become my new priestly office. I could sit in one stall and coworkers could come in and confess away- in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost (flush), go now and say 5 Hail Mary's and 2 Our Father's and sing This Little Light of Mine every day when you wake up for 7 days. Amen. Mid-way through a sentence she blurts out, "Oh man, I gotta go poo."
- Talking to our HR consultant and having her tell me I should apply for the Executive Director (E.D.) position. This coming after a staff meeting on Wednesday where I was basically lauded as The Real E.D. It's flattering to hear but I in no way feel qualified to take that job on. And besides, I am moving remember? (I think they are hoping to change my mind with such flattery.)
- Overhearing my coworkers losing their shit laughing over trying to re-record the general voicemail message.
- Lunching with not one but three coworkers and one (favorite) former coworker. So what if that bleu cheese garlic burger put me into a food coma for the rest of the day. It was worth it for the company.
- Talking American Idol trash to the point that I completely lose track of time.
- Having an intern drop off two slices of hippy raw food vegan type pie for my birthday. Fuck if I am gonna eat them (they smell naaaasty) but I sure am going to thank her profusely for the thought (ok and yes, tell a little white lie about how much I liked them because I cannot stand hurting her feelings).
- Receiving a huge bouquet of flowers from my coworkers along with the sweetest card. Plus hand made cards. Plus hugs. I am working in a secret garden at the moment. It's flower city!