Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Headless

My apologies for being late in posting. I know you guys count on my daily tales like you do Days of Our Lives. Ok, I know that isn't true but let me feel for just a brief moment as if I have an adoring audience awaiting my next installment. I've always wanted a fan club.

World AIDS Day is tomorrow and well, as is typical of working at my non-profit, things have fallen on me that were not supposed to. I don't mean heavy bookcases either. I was on the planning committee for World AIDS Day events and my job was to plan the Candlelight Vigil. But because certain people (ahem) didn't follow through (oh who could that be?!), I have had more to do in the last week than there are hours in the day to do it. Running here and there to drop off this and pick up that, then over to meet so-and-so for a working lunch, then back to write some press releases and be interviewed for the local Senile (that's what we call it because they do such bad reporting. They misquote everyone and seem incapable of proof reading.).

Oh and tomorrow? When we are supposed to have a candlelight vigil outside? It is supposed to be torrentially raining. Torrentially! Why must Mother Nature do this to me? So not only am I going to be hanging 345 pairs of shoes from the Town Clock (to represent the lives lost to AIDS in Santa Cruz County) IN. THE. RAIN. but I am also going to be scrambling for an inside, alternate site for what could be a very soggy, very craptastic vigil.

And then, after getting soaking wet, I have to go to Costco to buy a bunch of food for the vigil reception. I was not supposed to be in charge of the vigil reception. But now I am. Lucky me! I am overjoyed. Really, it fills my heart to be overworked, underpaid and severely underappreciated.

Friday I will be better. Friday I will be better. Friday I will be better.

I hope!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey..I hope it goes well for you! Maybe it won't rain. (crossing fingers) BTW - I'm back...long story.

Mrs. Ca said...

Hope it is going well for you today. At least you didn't have to plan it in Michigan in the freezing cold snowy weather. I think I'd rather be wet than frozen.

Good luck!

Mr. Rodacre said...

Sorry you had to get all soggy in the rain today... that sucks having to depend on undependable people...

But, yes, Friday you will be better...

...and sushi may be involved.

That's all I'll say.

Anonymous said...

the "Senile" is indeed incapable of proofreading, my unedited columns stand as proof. And yes, Friday will be better...root for midnight.

- jules

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I'm sorry you had such a yucky day! Boo! :(

But Friday WILL be better!

sue said...

It's Friday.. I'll read on and hope it got better...

(Doncha HATE when you depend on someone else and they let you down? Especially when those people will probably somehow manage to make your work appear to be theirs...)