Monday, September 05, 2005

Mining for Gold

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement. It really means a lot. It is nice to know I have such tender-hearted, supportive friends out there.

I meant to set aside huge chunks of my extended weekend and devote it entirely to brainstorming for a new life. Life has a way of just moving right along so that turned out to be a pipe dream. Today is my first free day, devoted entirely to me and my business. The Tomato encouraged me to hang out with friends and not wallow. I ended up doing just that, by default. When I get overwhelmed I tend to think being alone is the right thing when actually the opposite proves beneficial to me. So, Tomato, that's another "you were right" to add to that ever-growing list. ;)

I am better. Not 100% but I feel like I shifted enough of my perspective to be able to see more clearly. I've got some ideas. Ideas that need action. I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of gal. I'm not spontaneous. I'm not even that adventurous unless I have made plans to be so. So I have begun the lists of goals and objectives. The sifting has begun. We'll see what ends up staying and what ends up going.

It feels good to have hope restored. Now I just have to hold onto it once work starts back up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

kris said...

I 'm not even that adventurous unless I have made plans to be so - oh yes, we might again be the same person.

This post makes me see you even more clearly. I can now vividly imagine what you are feeling right now.

Glad you are gaining ground.

I've got my fingers crossed for you too!

kim e said...

I thought this was going to be a post about nose-picking. (I spend far too much time with people under the age of 11.....)

I wish you all the best with your new adventures. I hope you find everything you're looking for.

sue said...

{{{fingers crossed}}}