Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Tattoed Biker Mom

Yesterday I was forced to do some retail therapy. The news about us making less money on the event brought me down so low, I needed a pick me up. That pick me up came in the form of cute new shoes, a jacket and a Kenneth Cole purse. Thank you Ross - you help me dress for less. I am so grateful.

I am thinking about getting a tattoo of a bird cage with the door flung open and a bird flying out. It's very Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, don't ya think? But I don't know where to put it. Suggestions? I figured I should get a tattoo I actually like. Maybe it will help me forget the one I already have that I don't much care for. Stoopid 18 year old decision on a whim!

I have also decided that I want a motorcycle. Now, before y'all get your underwears in a knot, just listen. Supple & I are gonna be kool biker babes. We don't need no stinking men to ride behind. Uh uh. And I would take the class and everything and be a safe bitchin' biker babe, I promise. And I won't wear leather vests or chaps. I double promise. I bet you are all picturing yourselves riding on my bike, aren't ya? See! Think of it this way, you can live vicariously through me. (Mom, don't be upset. This blog might be too much for you to handle with the motorcyle and tattoo talk.)

What else? Oh yeah, I babysat for the twins last night. Isabel & Ewan, the 7 year olds from England. Their little accents crack me up. I am completely recommitted to my Plan B. For those of you not in the know, here's the deal: If, when I turn 35, I am not in a committed relationship where the prospect of longevity seems strong or if I am still single, I am going to become a foster parent or look into adoption. I know one thing for sure, I want to be a mom. I know watching kids for a couple of hours does not a parent make but it did ignite that parental feeling in me. How cool is it to be someone a kid trusts and relies on? There just is no greater honor. I don't know how to describe it really but reading them a bed time story and singing them to sleep, it was so sweet. Just let me live in my fantasy. Don't go bursting my bubble, ok?

Just 13 more days until my birthday!

5 comments:

Sizzle said...

Sure! More bitchin' biker babes, the better. ;)

Anonymous said...

at first I thought who is this person? then I read on and could see the real Shaunessy shine through1 Don't try to scare me!
m

B Merrick said...

Why adopt when we can make one?? It is supposed to help your body with menopause and endomitriosis. So I think it is a better plan B that we MAKE a baby!!!!

AND NO MORE BIKE TALK. YOU AIN'T GETTING ONE!

Sizzle said...

Hmmm, food for thought I suppose. Maybe there will be Plan B and Plan BB (AKA Attack of the Tomato).

Mom, I didn't mean to scare you but it is all true- no foolin'!

xoxo sizz

Anonymous said...

I was only scared about the bike, the tatoo is ok if you feel you must but remember you will be my age some day and telling your daughter why the hell she should not mar her beautiful body.
Bob is a better parent than I am, good job Bob! You always said you too would have a 'love child' wouldn't that be something!
m