Monday, October 16, 2006

Exhale

Out of all the many times I have landed at the SeaTac Airport, last night was the first time I ever deboarded and thought, "I am home."

Granted, I was about to crawl out of my skin from the flight and the 2 hour delay at San Jose Airport. Seriously, Southwest? You suck! Get more planes. Both my flight there and back were delayed 2 hours. Stinking liars. And oh how I loathe the small seats. I sat the entire flight shoved up against the window with my arms folded as the Amazon-like woman stuffed into the middle seat overflowed into my seat. My left thigh was aflame from her pressing against it. And no, not in the good way. Apparently you lose time, money and any ability to retain personal space while flying aboard Southwest Airlines. By the time we were descending, I was so antsy I thought I might just scream like the baby 4 rows behind me. I thought she had the right idea.

I'm so glad I took today off to recover. I need a buffer day to readjust.

The trip to Santa Cruz was a lot of fun and self-affirming. I can't picture myself there but I feel such a deep appreciation for the place that nurtured me as I grew wings to fly. And seeing my friends? Awesome. So much laughter. So much . . . eating. Good God I ate out too much. Here's a few pictures for photo documentation:

Bird & The Ama goofing around at my favorite Santa Cruz restaurant.

Jenny Two Times & I @ The Red for drinkies.

Cruisin' in the Jetta 'round The Cruz with my peeps.

Mikey & Meagan at the Wedding. No, not their wedding.

Dumpling and Supple fooling around at The Saturn Cafe.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! How great is the welcome wagon?!

kris said...

Oh, just to have one happy hour with you guys.

You all look like so much fun.

Glad it was a blast, Sizz.

Mrs. Ca said...

Well, that looks like a really fun weekend, besides all the airplane crap! I've been there with the wanting to scream on the plane. Good job on making it through.

JustRun said...

Looks like a great visit!

Melissa said...

Yay! You got the affirmation you needed to understand that Seattle was the right choice. You got the have amazing good fun with people who love you dearly. And flying Southwest reminds you that life isn't a dream. SW sucks majorly.

I'm so happy you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a BLAST! I'm so glad to hear that your new home finally feels like just that!

Bone said...

Glad you had a nice trip, Ms. Sizzle. The ketchup and mustard picture gave me a Dumb & Dumber flashback. Although I doubt that's what they were going for :)

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great trip with friends but also double glad you have found your place, your home in seattle. i guess the saying is true, "you can never go back..."

we fly out on wednesday with two kids in tow. i'm afraid i'll be that mom with the kids that scream and cry for 5 hours!

Spilling Ink said...

Welcome home, sweetie!

Bill said...

One thing I look forward to in moving to the east, many places I want to go to will be closer ... and I'll be able to take buses or trains! Believe it or not, they are WAY more comfortable than planes. I hate flying.

Nihilistic said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Even though your all grown up now and moved away! ;)

Becky said...

Looks like you had a good time and will always have a fun place to visit. It's strange our our "signs" that affirm our decision come in the most unexpected ways.