Thursday, October 26, 2006

Egg Me On

With my negative bank balance and no plans for Halloween, it looks as though I won't be dressing up. Again. I guess that seals my fate as a grown up.

Yuck.

While I don't mind apartment living as much as I thought I would, it does suck that kids won't be coming to my door to Trick or Treat. I probably won't even carve a pumpkin because there is no where to put it. I didn't even hang my scary goblin face that cackles when you come near it. I'm stuck in the netherworld between being a kid and having a kid.

Flashback: One Halloween when I was in junior high some friends and I were trick or treating and a group of high school kids egged us. We went back home and told my mom who said (and I am paraphrasing here), "Grab the eggs out of the fridge and get in the car!" Woah! My mom is the coolest! We piled in the station wagon and my two friends, Jake and CJ (both softball players), hung out the back waiting to see the targets. When we discovered them, they pummelled them with eggs. Of course they retaliated with eggs and rocks so my mom peeled out of there. We went back home to gorge ourselves on candy, victorious. It was awesome!

9 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

That's a great story. It sounds like your mom and mine might get along. One year my mom decided it was time for us to learn how to properly TP a house, because, she said, if we were going to do it we obviously had to be able to do it right. I think we went through an entire 36-pack. It was hillarious, and completely awesome.

We have no Halloween plans either, and it slightly bums me out. We don't have kids that come by our apartment, but I'm buying candy just in case (aka so I can eat it in a PMS-caused binge).

B Merrick said...

First a Christmas Tree thief and now an egger. It is a wonder you haven't ended up in prison!

Mr. Rodacre said...

Don't feel so bad... I have to be at work that night. Nowhere to go. No one to see. Plus I was the only person in the buildng who dressed up last year.

Lame.

sue said...

You have the coolest mom!!

We're carving punkins with my grandson and the daughters and son-in-law tonight, but other than that nothing. We live in the country and no one comes to our house... and no parties to go to.

Don't worry, I predict by next year you'll be flush with money and have a date for a fun Halloween party!

Circe said...

Now that's what I call a cool mom! And I live in the boonies so we never get trick-or-treaters. More candy for Meeeeeeeee...

:)

Nihilistic said...

Your Mom ROCKS! By the way...Michael has a Dentist appointment on Halloween...How sick is that????

JustRun said...

Hehe, that's too much!
I should look for more cheap fun like this. Ha.

Becky said...

That's great! My mom would've probably wanted to salvage the eggs for a quiche or something.

Gary LaPointe said...

Your Mom totally rocks!

Gary
http://garysaid.com