Sunday, August 13, 2006

Burn Baby Burn

I was cooking up some left over panang curry with rice in the skillet (no microwave) while simultaneously washing the dishes in the adjacent sink. The rice started to pop a bit because the heat must have been up to high. I reached over to turn the burner down and a piece a rice jumped right out of that skillet and onto my forearm. Ouch! Once I flicked it off I noticed a red mark and now, a day later, there is a raised blister where the rice had landed. I was burned by rice! How random is that. It's the life of an Aries- headaches and burns.

Ok, so it's hard to see in this picture but for serious, it is there. Right below my big freckle and a smidge over from the little one.

14 comments:

Chase said...

Hehehee!! Ok, only YOU, Sizzle.

*pat pat*

;)

Dustin said...

Damn that vindictive rice. Bacon always seems to find my vulnerable fingers with it's popping grease bubbles.

Seriously, these foods should come with an aggressiveness rating.

Neil said...

You should demand an apology from Uncle Ben.

Kerry said...

You might need to use a sick day tomorrow and take it easy ;)

Nihilistic said...

That rice will not rest till it has gotten every last one of us! DAMN YOU RICE! DAMN YOU!!!!

Claire said...

Ouch! Still eating has to be the best revenge in that case.

JustRun said...

Jumping rice? You may have something here. The world has seen nothing like it since the long-past-it's-prime Jumping Bean.

quietlife said...

First Al Green and hot grits, now Sizzle and hot rice.

Gotta watch those burning carbs!

Karl said...

Sizzle gets sizzled by the rice. Owch. Guess we need to get you a protective cooking suit.

Bill said...

I've heard you can no longer take rice on flights as carry-on. It's that dangerous.

Mrs. Ca said...

That is really random, but sounds painful. Hope it's feeling better today.

kapgar said...

That's one mean little piece of rice. Hope you showed it who's boss by introducing it to the digestive acids in your stomach. Yeah! You show 'em!

alissa said...

I was once burned by cake batter. Not even joking. I'm a horrible baker and for some reason my cake wasn't actually baking but was definitely heating. The pot holder got dipped in the hot cake batter and then adhered to my arm. Not pretty.

I feel your pain!

Janet said...

I did the same thing with an iron on my hipbone a few weeks ago. The good news is it's starting to fade.

Don't ask.:)