So here's the million dollar question:
Am I my best self with this guy?
That's what I am going to ask next time I think I like someone. Before I even get to the "L" word. Because experience has shown me that you have to set the level of what you are willing to settle for . . . and by settle, I mean strive. And then I got to thinking that that one important question led to others...
- Do I light up?
- Do I shine in his presence?
- Do I feel confident?
- Do I laugh a lot with him?
- Smile a lot with him?
- Feel comfortable in my own skin?
- Do I feel bold?
- Do I want to open up and share?
- Do I feel at ease in the silences?
- Is he thoughtful?
- Do I feel like I can disagree with him and he will still like me?
- Do I want to introduce him to my friends?
- Do I want to try new things with him?
- Will my family love him?
- Does my heart kind of melt when I look at him sleeping or catch him doing one of his quirky habits?
- Do I want to tell him the worst of my day?
- Is he the first one I want to call when great things happen?
- Do I feel beautiful in his gaze?
- Will my friends think he "gets" me and is worthy of me?
- Does he inspire my passion?
- Do I feel cared for?
My five things for today:
1. I tell the truth.
2. I believe in the best of people.
3. I can laugh at myself.
4. I pay attention to the small details.
5. I listen- for what is being spoken and what is not being said.