Friday, April 14, 2006

Ewww & Weeeee!

So I couldn't wait for someone to rescue me from my stinky fridge. I am not very good at waiting or at delegating. I'd rather just hurry the hell up and do it myself. I am frightened and enthralled at what I discovered. I couldn't let this photo opportunity pass us by so of course, I took pictures.


Warning: the following photos are not for the queasy...

(Be seriously glad this blog is not a scratch and sniff.)




Beans, formerly. Pretty self-explanatory. Eww. (Blame= me)








Beware of things in foil. This might have been turkey at one point. (Blame = Mike)








Green moldy thing in foil. Foil is bad! Mike stop with the foil. (Blame= clearly Mike)





Ohmygawdwhatthefuckisthat?! Gross. I have no idea what this could have been. Oh no, I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth. Yuck!


*************************************************************
Today is a HAPPY day. My fridge now clean and not stinky. I get to see my preggy sis in a mere few hours. I get to eat sushi for lunch. I get to leave work early. I get to hang out with preggy sis, mom, Supple and Nicole at my friend Heather's hair salon and drink wine and be girly. It's only 4 (count 'em f-o-u-r!) days until my birthday. I'm going to buy myself a birthday outfit. I can't wait! I'm like a Pointer Sister right now, I'm so excited. (That reminds me, my sis and I used to play their album and do dance routine in our swimming pool. Being a dork used to be so cool. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. Woo!)

18 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

I'm glad I clicked on this before, and not during, eating my lunch. Because I agree - EW. But, it happens to all of us I'm sure. Good for you for being able to clean it out. My stomach couldn't have handled it.

I'm jealous of your plans, because it sounds like you have an insane amount of fun scheduled. I hope you have a wonderfully fabulous time, and please, eat a tuna roll for me.

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I cleaned out my fridge a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe I actually stored food in there it was so gross! It's so nice to have a clean fridge, enjoy it!

Also, have SO much fun this weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it. Take pictures of your sister's tummy!

Bone said...

Ewwww! If it's been so long that I can no longer remember what's in the foil without looking, then I don't look.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you have a great weekend and happy birthday :)

PS: Jump, JUMP, for my love! (Thanks for that.)

Solonor Rasreth said...

Ah, finally, it's lunch time. Let's settle in with out Subway sammich and check out a few blogs. Hey, how's Sizzle doing? It's almost her birfday. Oh. My. Gawd.

Thanks. I just wasted $5 on a bistro steak sanwich. Blech.

Solonor Rasreth said...

Your pics upset me to the point of misspellation!!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Oh and I don't think I should say thanks for sharing your fridge stuff cause MAN that looks BAD!!

sue said...

You DO know that June Pointer just died, right?

Frig? Ewwwwww.....

Birthday? You KNOW I'm happy for ya!

Dan said...

wow. i'm impressed.

B Merrick said...

I hope that by referring to yourself as a pointer sister, you don't mean the one that died yesterday.


So sad.

Sizzle said...

for the record, i had NO idea june pointer died. do you think i screwing wiht my karma by saying that? oh no!

may you rest in peace pointer sister.

Nihilistic said...

Was that guacamole? It kinda looks like it could have been guacamole...I will NEVER eat guacamole again!

Anonymous said...

dear god! since when did your blog turn into an episode of fear factor?!?! too funny - my fridge is mold free, but you have to walk over mounds of messes to get to it. yours had stuff in it that would make a sewer repair man nauseous, but your pad would impress mrs. clean. i guess that's the ying/yang of BFs!

have fun tonight. i'll be there in spirit. :-)

Anonymous said...

If I ever had food in my fridge, it might sit long enough to look that gross.

Wait, I have ketchup! Does ketchup spoil?

Mr. Rodacre said...

rabbit - yes. ketchup does spoil. if it looks carbonated - throw it out before it literally explodes.

seriously. I have seen it happen.

and siz - what the hell is going on in your fridge? seriously, i may have to bring over my own food when I come over from now on.

Gary said...

I always say a clean refrigerater is a happy refrigerater.

Impossible Jane said...

Sizzle, you had me laughing so hard with your photos! Thanks for the inspiration. When I got home from work I slowly started throwing crap out of my fridge. Oh that turkey looks like it's seen better days. Jane

Poz Mikey said...

Hey Sizz, were you raiding the fridge at my former apartment?

Anonymous said...

can you come over to my house? i have fermenting fruit and 3 month old stew ripe for the garbage disposal? i clearly hate to clean my fridge too!