Friday, December 09, 2005

Things Go Unsaid

I am busier than I'd like to be. Like to the point of not having time to eat kind of busy. Why do I take on side gigs?! Didn't I learn that it burns me out? I tried to work two jobs- teaching self-defense and doing my regular 9-5 gig and I just about lost my mind. These days, sanity is a rare commodity.

I've been coordinating a holiday party for a church I sometimes attend. It's a paid gig but trying to make a holiday party not appear too Christmas-y can be tough for a girl who grew up Catholic. The decor will have red and silver and tasteful tiny trees (sans ornaments). It is meant to be more "earthy" than "holiday" but we shall see if my choices perturb anyone.

Speaking of perturbed. . .Apparently either Jules or myself are in trouble for blogging about work. I thought I was being careful enough without naming names or giving exact details but somebody got an earful about us bloggers and, in response, I took down my most recent posts in regards to work. You know how I promote decorum- guess I should practice what I preach. It does beg the question: Is nothing sacred? I can't even "anonymously" blog about my most frustrating experiences. That really chaps my hide.

After tonight's party, I will be spending the weekend enjoying some free time. And by free I mean, hanging out with my Mom and going to the movies with Hummingbird and helping Supple get a new look (she has foolishly asked me to give her a make over). At least it is fun things that will fill my time. In between I will start preparations for the Friendship Feast. More on that next week. I can't give all my surprises away now can I?

7 comments:

hannahhas said...

Have a great day!!! It's FRIDAY!
Don't forget to take a deep breath and enjoy your weekend!

Nihilistic said...

What movie are you going to see?

Sizzle said...

well we were a week ahead of ourselves. we had planned to see brokeback mountain but it doesn't start until next week. boo hoo.

Bill said...

The only movie I'm interested in is Memoirs of a Geisha. But that's me.

If time allows, I plan to post a rant about being too busy/burned out to blog ... but I may be too busy or burned out to do it. We'll see.

As for work posts ... yes, that can bite you on the ass. Which is why I tend to avoid it. (I'm picky about who bites my bum.) (Did this comment make any sense at all? It's very late ...)

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny, you really aren't anonymous and you can't say what you really feel on the world wide web?

Star Effer said...

how are we supposed to achieve cathartic release without your well-observed posts about job frustration?

guess i just have to use my hand from now on...

sue said...

Damn co-workers. Why can't they leave well enough alone? You gotta have SOME place to vent!!!