Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Hillz

Today is my best friend's birthday. She's too far away to hug though I can still call and sing to her. It's times like these that her being in Washington and me being in California really makes me sad. I wish I could be with you Hillz!

What can I say about this woman? This woman whom I trust my heart and soul to. This woman who has talked me off a ledge time and time again. This woman who makes me laugh til I am spitting out my water or rolling on the floor in stitches. She's sardonic and brilliant, clever and incredibly generous. She's great at asides and showing up at just the right moment and listening, listening, listening for all the things that aren't being said. She hears what I mean sometimes before I even know what I mean. I can't quite do anything without at least sharing it with her or else, it just doesn't feel that real. She's always got my back and leads with integrity and heart. This woman can make sitting at home on a Friday night defuzzing sweaters the best night of my month. She somehow talks me into watching scary movies which generally results in one of having to spend the night. Maybe we are not as bold as we think but with her by my side, I feel invincible. If she only knew how amazing she is, how she inspires me, how she is beautiful and unique and incredibly special. Whenever I hear this song, I think of her. . .

In My Life

There are places I’ll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

I love you past speech, sister of my heart.
Happy Birthday,
Sizzle

3 comments:

Lushy said...

What a great friend to have!

Pass along the birthday wishes!

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to have a childhood friend to go through life with, not family, who is there because they want to be there. I think you and Hill should be together to have more enless nights of sweater deballing! Is that Seattle calling? Vow to spend Hill's next birthday with her up there!
m

sue said...

I love love love this song and think you must have a very special relationship to feel this way. How lucky you are to have a friend like this! Happy (belated) Birthday wishes...