Saturday, June 04, 2005

Dragapella, Darling

Last night was our Gay Pride Weekend kickoff fundraiser. We brought these ladies to town and they put on QUITE a show. Supple and I laughed our asses off, which we think annoyed the stuffy lesbian couple seated in front of us. I think they were at the wrong gig? I mean, loosen up sisters! The show was all a capella, totally campy and riotously politically incorrect...four fabulous gay gays dressed in drag putting on a show entitled, "I Wanna Be A Republican." If I were a gay man, I would want to be a member of The Kinsey Sicks (that is, if I could sing as beautifully as them.)

I got to sell tickets in this cool retro booth. So what if I couldn't really hear what the hell people were saying to me- I looked cool. Susan (who hates to have her picture taken, apparently), Jenny Two Times and Supple posed post-show. We made our way to the after-party but it was a bust. I knew it would be because a) I wasn't in charge of it and b) the people who hosted it are notoriously bad communicators. I went home and ate a bowl of cereal instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So skipping out on the after party and treating ourselves to martinis and clams down in the village was a good call, huh?

And damn, those girls busted my belly with laughter.

- jules

Anonymous said...

what kinda cereal?

B Merrick said...

It is a sad commentary on my life that you are more involved with the gays than I am...