Sunday, April 17, 2005

Birthday Blessings

I've been surprised twice so far. First Hillz flies in from Seattle unbeknownced to me and surprises the pants off me. I couldn't stop crying I was so damn happy. What an amazing gift! And then Dokey and Double B come to pick us up for a fancy dinner out and it turns out, my dearest lovelies are all gathered at Hummingbird and Sami's house for another surprise- a dinner party in my honor. The lasagne and salad were delicious. The wine flowed and flowed. Our laughter took center stage. My circle, my bestest loves- they are so fuffing (inside joke) amazing. I want to cry again just picturing them all there, around the table, sharing what they love about me. Luckily, I got to return the favor and make a few of the cry (in a good way, of course). I am sorry the Tomato got very sick and couldn't come but he was there in spirit.

I am so loved - it just floors me. I must be doing something right to have such friends. It overwhelms me, really. It knocks my socks off. It brings tears to my eyes. I get all choked up. I beam. You, my dear ones, restore my faith in humanity each day. Your sweet thoughtfulness awakens me. I see the world differently because of you. And for that. . .I am so grateful and so blessed. Thank you for your love, your friendship, your trust, your generosity.

Big, big Sizzle hug. XOXOXO

1 comment:

hummingbird said...

You are so the most universally loved person I know! Why, you may be wondering? Well, I'll tell you: it's because you love everyone else so universally! Your adoring spirit and your absolute dependability in times of crisis and the way you inspire everyone and make them feel great about themselves... all of this makes people love you and want to stick by you forever and ever. Notice, please, that not only do you have lots of people who love you to death, they've also been in your life for the long haul. No one who falls in love with the Jonesy can ever be free again. You enslave us all!

I love you so much and it was absolutely my honor to celebrate your 32 years at my house. I sm blessed to have YOU!!

Love,
Hummingbird