Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Horoscope Day

It's Wednesday, which in my little world means Horoscope Day. It's basically a ritual with me to check my weekly horoscope in the local rag, Metro Santa Cruz. This astrologer guy, Rob Brezsny, is pretty whacked out, but in a good way. His stuff makes me think. Sometimes if you read just the last one or two lines, it all makes sense but if you try to read the whole thing, it can be like a 6th grader trying to understand Shakespeare. Like: "What the. . .?!" This is mine for the coming week:

Happy Valentine Daze, Aries! During my quest for the advice that might be most helpful to your love life, I gathered the following words of wisdom. 1. "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche. 2. "Love is not about losing freedom; it's about sharing freedom with a partner who's as talented a liberationist as you." -my friend Sarah. 3. "I hunger for your sleek laugh and your hands the color of a furious harvest. I want to eat the sunbeams flaring in your beauty." -Pablo Neruda.
(Free Will Astrology, Rob Brezsny)

I like this. If I had a love life to speak of, it would be even better. In the past few years, I have dated a fair amount (hush up all of you who are keeping track) and had my share of beginnings and endings with a wide variety of men. . . the sweet, nice guy, the selfish pothead, the megalomaniac, the creative genius, the questionably gay guy and the. . . well, you get the point. I've learned a lot- about relationships, about men, about me. It's gotten to the point where 6 months is a long-term relationship for me. I’ve thought about giving up the game entirely. But then what? Resign myself to a life of too many cats and eccentricity? I think not! So the quest continues. . .

Nietzsche says there is reason in madness as there is some madness in love. Well, I am seeking the reason in all this madness. Show yourself to me.


2 comments:

NB said...

The reason? Duh.. it's pancakes. Pancakes are the reason for it all.

Sizzle said...

I think you mean paaaancakes CN. ;)