Thursday, March 24, 2005

Peeves Anyone?

You know how we all have quirks and how sometimes those quirks can drive someone else crazy? Someone's quirk can become another person's pet peeve. I know y'all know what I am talking about. Don't even try to be all namaste on me and say you don't judge. I don't buy it! I'm sure you can come up with some doozies. Like: The officemate with the annoying cackle of a laugh. The boss who insists on saying "yadda yadda yadda" about every time he utters a sentence. The housemate whose idea of cleaning is flipping the area rug over without vacuuming it or shaking it out. The ex who breathed heavy or chewed loudly or never cut his toenails (not so fun in the bed!). The girlfriend of your roommate who gets up at an ungodly hour and insists on making tea, letting the damn kettle whistle blow without any consideration to the fact that you are sleeping. Yeah, you know what I am talking about. Be a dear and share yours with me. This misery wants some company.

A bunch of my peeps went out to Trivia Nite last night. We lost but we got to redeem our free appetizer from the previous time we played (we got 3rd place). It was hotter than Hades in that damn place and packed with people guzzling brewskys and chowing down on crisscut fries. Our group of 8 was a smart bunch but alas, we couldn't figure out the mystery voice nor did we know how many colored balls there are in pool. Total trick question! Did they mean solids or also the stripes? Is black considered a color? We are a bunch of wieners, I mean winners, anyhow. We don't need no stinking trivia contest to tell us that.

Had another dream last night...this time about work and my boss. I was so angry at him in the dream I yelled at the top of my lungs and banged on the desk for emphasis while berating him. Then I up and quit my job. Packed up my stuff and walked on out the door. I guess I have some unexpressed feelings? Woah! Don't tell my subconscious but I am kind of enjoying this whole dream thing. I feel like some mystical power is whispering in my ear. It could just be the key to my freedom. Or it could just be a bunch of malarky. I will keep you posted.

No comments: