Monday, February 14, 2005

So Comes Love

In honor of Valentine's Day (argh, what a loathesome holiday) and my internal process, I've dug up one of my favorite e.e. cummings poems. It fits my mood. I'm slowly creeping out of the dark & dismal mood that has overtaken me the past few days. Rest assured, I am on my way back to me.

let it go--the
smashed word broken
open vow or
the oath cracked length
wise--let it go it
was sworn to
go

let them go--the
truthful liars and
the false fair friends
and the boths and
neithers--you must let them go they
were born
to go

let all go--the
big small middling
tall bigger really
the biggest and all
things--let all go
dear
so comes love

- E.E. Cummings, poem "xxix" from 1x1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever read XIX? The "she being brand new" poem, the car metaphor?

Sizzle said...

Dear Fellow e.e. cummings fan,
I love that poem as well. :) Nice!